Why should you care what I think about technology?
- My spelling and grammar are impeccable.1 OK, my spelling isn't actually impeccable, but I always correct errors I find. And if you see me write with poor grammar, you can be sure I did it on purpose. Like, for comic effect.
- If there are any errors, you can always post a comment! I monitor comments but I let all but the spam through.2
- I have a wry sense of humour that comes from decades of bantering with my life partner, as well as from unhealthy doses of Monty Python and the Kids in the Hall.
- I'm pretty smart, and I've learned a lot both doing my job and spending time glued to my computer and to the interwebs when I should have been outside playing (or doing my job).3
- I try never to comment on anything that I don't know enough about. I learned my lesson on that one a long time ago. If I do, you can call me on it.
- I am a skeptic, not a cynic. I don't like everything. I don't hate everything. I'm Fair and Balanced.™4
- I'm older than dirt. OK, not that old, but I wasn't born yesterday. Not even close, sadly. I've been in the business for a long time.
- Did I mention about comments? I handle feedback very well, even feedback that tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. Which I might not, despite trying not to get into that situation (see above).
1English degrees really are good for something.
2Unless a comment is egregiously nasty, of course!
3Just kidding. I always do my job.
4Yes, they really trademarked that phrase. I'll probably get busted for using it.